DLR e.V. HBK5
A worldwide unique high-pressure combustion chamber test station is to be created at the site of the Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR) in Cologne as part of a technology partnership between ALSTOM and Rolls Royce PLC. The objective of the joint-venture test station development is to further increase the perfor- mance of combustion chambers and, at the same time, to substantially reduce the exhaust and noise emissions of turbines. Combustion chamber tests are to be conducted in the new high-pressure combustion chamber test station (HBK5), which will contribute to the development of future generations of aircraft engines and power plant turbines.
What services did we perform?
- Drafting of the User-requirement specification (URS) with the aid of our URS methodology
- JV-project leadership for one partner
- Legal project management
- Project management for the building (DLR)
- BIM management
What distinguished us during the process? Where did the particular challenges lie?
- Mediation between the project partners
- Interlinking of private turnkey (Equipment) and public planning law VOB and VO/F (building)
- Structuring of change management
- Crisis management
Facts and Figures
Term: 2011 – 2015
Client: Joint Venture DLR, ALSTOM, Rolls Royce PLC
Location: Cologne, Germany
GFA: 2.300 m2
Investment: 45 m EUR (net)
Services: URS/project development, project management for building, BIM management