Lufthansa Technik Redesign Engine Repair Shop
The overhaul centre of CFM 56 aircraft engines on the site in Hamburg has been completed. Having transferred a section of the production to the new building, it then became necessary to align the existing building to demands and requirements of the most advanced production methods.
This time Otte Projektmanagement managed a renovation project, wherein the structural framework is set by the existing building, by means of:
- Compilation of the user ́s needs with the aid of our URS-requirement methods
- Project management in accordance with the German expert commission for project management (AHO), work stages 1-5 for buildings and facilities
- Renovation and relocation concepts during ongoing production operations
- Integration of fire protection and safety concepts
- Legal project management
- Assistance with the coordination of individual maintenance groups (no general contractor)
Project focus was the renovation of technical facilities and construction of air-conditioned cabinets with increased requirements for working places and machines. Another important measure was the installation of fire protection systems for the workshop and neighbouring office and workshop annexes.
The renovation was carried out during ongoing operations, a challenge for all participants secured by means of an intensive conception and planning phase.
Facts and Figures
Term: December 2008 – May 2011
Client: Lufthansa Technik AG
Site: Hamburg, Germany
GFA: 37.500 m2
Investment: 8,1 m EUR (net)
Services: Basic evaluation/concept development, URS Project management construction and equipment