Rolls-Royce MTOC Mechanical Test Operations Centre
Rolls-Royce MTOC is a mechanical test operation centre for gas turbine components. It is situated at the industrial area in Dahlewitz close to the Southern “Berliner Ring” (Berlin urban motorway).
Due to our previous experience with the engine overhaul operations of N3, as well as other highly complex techno- logical projects for the aircraft industry, OPM was requested to act as a specialist in this area for the MTOC-project in regard to the following services:
- Selection and evaluation of properties
- Compilation of user requirements with the help of our URS-demands method
- Project management in accordance with § 31 of the Fee Structure for Architects and Engineers (German ‘HOAI’), work phases 1-5 for the building and installations
- Relocation of machine and systems engineering from Great Britain (schedule, cost and quality controls)
- Legal project management (conducting all negotiations and concluding contracts)
- Management of interfaces for the layout planning
The biggest challenge within the project was presented by the integration of hi-tech facilities in the building process.
Facts and Figures
Term: October 2007 – March 2011
Location: Dahlewitz, Germany
GFA: 6,500 m2
Investment: 65 m EUR (net)
Services: URS, project management construction and machines, start-up management