At the Hamburg site, the overhaul center for CFM56 aircraft engines was completed. After relocating part of the production to the new building, it was now necessary to adapt the existing buildings to the requirements of state-of-the-art production methods.
This time, OPM managed a project where the structural framework was provided by the existing buildings:
- Creation of user requirements with our URS requirements methodology
- Project management (§31 HOAI LP 1-5) for buildings and facilities
- Refurbishment and relocation concepts during ongoing operation
- Integration of fire protection and safety concepts
- Legal project management Support in the coordination of individual trades (no general contractor)
The focus was on the renovation of the building’s technical systems and the construction of new air-conditioning cabins with increased requirements for workplaces and machines. Another focus of the refurbishment measures was the fire protection upgrade of the hall and the adjacent office and workshop wings. The refurbishment was carried out during ongoing operations, a challenge for all involved, which was ensured by an intensive conception and planning phase. A project without laying the foundation stone, topping-out ceremony or inauguration ceremony. A refurbishment with the aim of combining the old building stock and the sub-areas to be refurbished into a functional overall unit.
Facts and Figures
Client: Lufthansa Technik AG
Location: Hamburg, Deutschland
BGF: 37.500 m²
Investment: 8,1 Mio. Euro netto
Services: Basic and conceptual design, URS, project management construction and machinery