N3 Engine Overhaul Services is a joint venture between Lufthansa Technik and Rolls-Royce. A factory for overhauling Rolls-Royce engines was built in Arnstadt near Erfurt.
The new plant essentially consists of three buildings:
- a factory hall with logistics: 35,600 m²
- an administration building with canteen: 3,500 m²
- an engine test stand: 4,900 m²
Already during the start-up phase of the N3 project, we took over the project management with the following core competences:
- Analysis and preparation of the user requirements profile (URS)
- Project management (§31 HOAI LP 1-5)
- Legal project management
- Project management
The high complexity of the project, which resulted from the multi-stage production process of the engine maintenance, the attached engine test stand, and the short realization phase of 12 months, could be implemented effectively and solution-oriented by our flexible and specialized team, so that the production phase could be started on schedule.
Facts and Figures
Location: Erfurt, Deutschland
BGF: 44.000 m²
Investment: 100 Mio. Euro netto
Services: URS, project control construction and machine