Rolls-Royce Marine, the world leader in marine technology and propulsion systems, has signed a long-term lease agreement with Port Gdynia in Poland for the construction of a new service center. The new Marine Service Centre will offer state-of-the-art repair and overhaul services to customers throughout the Baltic Sea region. The site will benefit from its location in the Baltic Sea region in the middle of one of Europe’s largest commercial ports.
The building meets the current standards of the Rolls-Royce Group. It has a gross floor area of approx. 1,950 m² and can be extended if required. With a hall and storage area of more than 1,000 m², the new Marine Service Centre in Gdynia is well equipped to provide services for a wide range of marine technology.
The joint pattern of the metal façade gives the building a clear, modern architecture, while the interior design is kept functional in accordance with the industrial use. The division of the hall into two parts is clearly visible from the outside. In the upper part of the hall there is a 30 t crane bridge. The lower part of the building houses the entrance area, the social rooms and the building services. The office area with a large window front is located on the upper floor.
What services have we provided?
- Selection and assessment of spaces
- Determination of user requirements with our URS requirements methodology
- Projektsteuerung (§31 HOAI LP 1-5) für Gebäude und Anlagen Unterstützung bei den Grundstücksverhandlungen
What made us stand out? What were the particular challenges?
- Coordination and decision-making processes in an international and intercultural context
- Coordination of building permits with Polish authorities and planners Clarification of property infrastructure interfaces
Facts and Figures
Client: Rolls-Royce Marine Poland Spotka z o.o.
Location: Gdynia, Nähe Danzig, Polen
BGF: 1.950 m²
Invenstment: 5 Mio. Euro netto
Services: Concept development, URS, site selection and assessment, project management construction and machinery