Rolls-Royce MTOC is a test center for investigating any mechanical behavior of gas turbine components. It is located in the Dahlewitz industrial park on the southern Berlin ring road.
Based on our experience with the N3 engine maintenance operation and other technologically highly complex projects for the aviation industry, OPM was commissioned as a specialist in this field for the MTOC project with the following services:
- Selection and assessment of spaces
- Determination of user requirements with our URS requirements methodology
- Project management (§31 HOAI LP 1-5) for buildings and facilities
- Relocation of machinery and equipment from the UK (schedule, cost and quality control)
- Legal project management (conduct of all negotiations and conclusion of contracts). Interface management for layout planning
The biggest challenge within the project was the integration of the high-tech equipment into the construction process.
Facts and Figures
Location: Dahlewitz, Deutschland
BGF: 6.500 m²
Investment: 65 Mio. Euro netto
Services: URS, project management construction, and machine, start-up management